Guests at Grassland Bushman Lodge recently saw this Black-Chested Prinia and her beautifully constructed nest on a game walk.
Two females in the Western pride resident at Deception Valley Lodge have 3 cubs each. Three are about 3 months old, and 3 are about 4 months old. The two mothers are sisters, and share responsibility in raising the cubs together.
The winter in the Kalahari is best for star gazing as the night is crisp and stars easily identifiable. There are no other lights competing with the lights in the night sky.
Sometimes we forget to see the beauty in everyday things. Cape glossy starling. Very common all over Southern Africa, but still brilliant in its iridescence!
Fun morning's birding at Totti Totti pan.
Thousands of Burchell's Sandgrouse gather around Totti Totti pan every morning!
Most guests that visit Africa want to "see a kill" when they go into the bush. Guests at Deception Valley Lodge were recently lucky enough to witness such a spectacle . It is however a rather dramatic moment.
Rangers and guests at the lodge saw this female catch a warthog, and then handed it to her sub-adult cubs so that they could learn how to kill it. Fascinating to watch, but also heartbreaking how cruel nature can be!
- Tents very comfortable, all excellent, Guide Kitso superb, staff wonderful, very friendly and helpful. This was an amazing experience Kitso was really excellent & went the extra mile.
- All excellent. I will definitely return to the Okavango.
- We enjoyed every minute + wish we had booked for longer.
- Wonderful experience. Thank you!
- Food was delicious – especially on day 2 when they cooked us vegetarian option! I would definitely return to the Okavango – I want to live here. Loved our short time here a major high light of our trip Wonderful staff!
- Everything was wonderful!! I don’t want to leave. Pony was fantastic.
Guests have enjoyed sightings of the following animals recently at Oddballs'...
What our guests have to say...
- All excellent. Guides Shaba & Daniel were helpful and knowledgeable. We had a wonderful stay! Thank you very
- All excellent!! Our guide KG was helpful and knowledgeable. We will return to the Okavango.
- Our guide Poison was knowledgeable!! It’s important to know the different available excursions on arrival.
- Our guides Poison and Jackson were excellent!! It was very nice.
- All excellent!!
- We will absolutely return to the Okavango!! All was excellent, everyone was friendly & helpful!!
- All good!! The bread was delicious!! Our guides: Jimmy & Jamal were excellent!! Thank you very much for your hospitality.
- Our guide Several was great!! We will definitely return, as soon as possible!! Can’t wait to come back!!
- It was a wonderful stay…
Footsteps in Africa
News, views, sights and sounds from the Botswana bush!