Travel and Tourism Indaba 2013 took place in Durban at the International Convention Centre from Saturday 11th of May to Tuesday 14th of May.
Footsteps in Africa had a 21 square metre stand in the same location as previous years, where all our appointments were conducted.
Peter Sandenbergh and Tara Venter attended the expo representing Footsteps in Africa, as well as
Helen Simmans and Sally Brunning our UK representatives.
As well as the appointments during the day at the expo, Footsteps in Africa were also represented at networking events in the evenings. Helen and Sally attended the evening function hosted by Atta (African Travel and Tourism Association) at Coastlands on the Ridge Hotel on Saturday 11th May. Dinner and drinks, while networking with industry professionals.
Peter, Tara, Helen and Sally attended the Sundowner drinks and snacks hosted by Botswana Tourism at the Botanical gardens on Monday 13th May.
Footsteps in Africa had some brilliant feedback from the trade during this time as well as exposing ourselves and our products to new operators.
Some of the feedback we received was as follows:
- Love the new website
- Online Availability is a brilliant tool, especially to those living in different time zones, they can put
together itineraries without having to await response via email regarding availability.
- Tools on the website are very trade focused and easy to use and assist with selling the products.
- Great response to the service that we offer to personalise ebrochures and packages with agents logo’s
and contact details.
- FIA products are very good value to money compared to other suppliers in Botswana
- Agents commented that they receive speedy and accurate responses from Footsteps in Africa when they have bookings and enquiries.
- New operators that have not worked with us before (as well as existing operators) like the fact they can send one email, have FIA book an entire itinerary for them, from the moment their clients arrive in Maun, all the ground handling, meet and greets, inter camp flights, all the properties in different regions. As well as having the one email and the whole itinerary taken care of, they only receive one invoice and have to make payment. Everything is much easier for the agent.
Footsteps in Africa
News, views, sights and sounds from the Botswana bush!